745 Backsplash Dowel Jig Kit
The 745 BackSplash Dowel Jig Kit is everything needed to install the 740 BackSplash Dowels. (Holes 3/8" off the backside of both the back-splashes and counter-tops) The dowel also had a 5 degree angle to help push the top back-splash into the wall. The two vacuum cups hold the hardened steel drill bushing in place for accurate drilling of the 5/16" holes.
The dowels are screwed into the counter-top and press forced into the top the back-splash. The steel ribs hold the back-splash in place until the silicone glue sets.
The 740 BackSplash Dowel provides a mechanical lock and when set into a bed of caulk they provide a mechanical lock and water resistant seal that stops the gaps that allow water in. (per AWI Premium Grade installations)
745 Backsplash Dowel Jig Kit Includes:
- Tool Box
- Cup Vacuum Handle
- Drill Guide & Bushings
- 5 Alignment Pins
- 8" Flexible Extension Bit Holder and 5/16" Drill bit
- Ball Head Allen Wrench: The dowels are screwed into the counter-top and press forced into the top the backslash.
- Panel Adjuster
- Caulking Tool
- 100x 740 BackSplash Dowels
(The 740 Backsplash Dowel is an 3/8" sharply ribbed, zinc coated steel dowel that fit into pre- drilled holes with the aid of a dowel template. The steel ribs hold the backsplash in place until the silicone glue sets.)
Cost & Benefit Estimates
- A typical 10ft. sink unit with side splashes takes about 7 minutes to lock down, caulk and clean up.
- Machining in the shop with an end stop, on a shaper, is eliminated.
- No second-trip required for caulking.
- Allows less experienced installers to do professional quality work.
Product SpecificationsSKU 930 Cloud Hanger Specs. (pdf)