760 CounterTop Bolt
760 CounterTop Bolt
The 760 CounterTop Bolt is designed to tightly secure counter-top seams together. The hybrid 760 Countertop Bolt fills the gap between the "hard-to-use" Tite-Joint Fastener and the expensive, Gear Head Zip Bolts. The 760 Countertop Bolt can be tightened in seconds. Our 760 Countertop Bolt is simple, inexpensive, strong and requires only common tools with no learning curve. The 760 Countertop Bolt is a valuable upgrade to the traditional tite joint bolt.
The 760 Countertop Bolt is a custom made 1/4” x 3-1/2” x 3/16” Allen head bolt, coupled with a typical rectangular steel washer. Installers find that a 3/16” Ball End Hex Wrench used with a battery operated drill greatly improves installations times. The traditional hex head is replaced with an Allen head which allows tightening with a standard ball end Allen wrench or our 765 Countertop Bolt, Ball End Allen Wrench which, if used in combination with a hand drill vastly speeds up installation times.
- Used with a drill, the 760 Countertop Bolt is about 10 times faster than a standard bolt
- The cost is similar to old style bolts
- Stronger than traditional bolts, they are heat treated to N-5
- Also available: a CNC Router Cut 3/8" Phenolic Template
Cost & Benefit Estimates
With 4 countertop bolts per 24”countertop that take about 10 minutes per countertop seam to tighten. At $50.00 per hour, or $0.83 per minute the per seam installation cost is $8.30. With the 360 Countertop Bolt, installation times are cut in half; saving $4.15 per seam.
Strength Testing (with 3/4", 45lb. particle board)
- Tensile Failure (Horizontal pull) = 600 lbs.
- Working Strength (pulling slot together) = 100 lbs.
* Bolt Strength, at over 2,000 lbs. far exceeds the strength of the particleboard slot.
More Information is Available Under "Video/Downloads
Order Here (Scroll Down for Related Products)
Product Specifications360 Countertop Bolt, Specs, 1-28-19 (pdf)